How Can I Purchase Online Car Insurance For A Volkswagen Polo?
Since its launch, the Volkswagen Polo has occupied the top position among hatchback vehicles. Polo is a premium hatchback known for its performance. It has always been considered a driver’s delight.
Most Polo owners are very protective of their vehicles. If you are one of the lucky few that own this car, you know how important it is to get it insured. Given India’s unsafe road conditions, the last thing you want is to pay for expensive repair costs out of pocket.
A good bumper-to-bumper car insurance policy will protect you financially and legally in case of accidents or mishaps. So it is essential to learn about the different polo insurances available for your Volkswagen Polo to ensure you pick the best one.
What is Car Insurance?
Car insurance policies provide financial and legal coverage for your four-wheeler to ensure that you are covered in the event of any accidents or mishaps. This can include road accidents, collisions, vehicle theft, vehicle repairs, mechanical or electrical breakdowns, etc.
Car insurance plans can be purchased from insurance providers online or offline. An example would be Tata AIG which provides polo insurance for the Volkswagen Polo and its subsequent models.
Types of Polo Car Insurance Plans Available for a Volkswagen Polo
The amount of coverage you can get from a car insurance policy will depend on the type of car insurance policy you purchase. Insurance on Volkswagen Polos comes in three different types:
- Third-Party Car Insurance: This is the cheapest insurance policy you can opt for. It is a basic third-party polo car insurance that offers third-party liability coverage. So in case of accidents or collisions, you won’t have to worry about any costs or legal liabilities incurred by the third party.
However, in this plan, only the third party is financially covered. So any costs incurred to you through damages or injuries will need to be paid for by you. The insurance provider only pays the expenses incurred by the third-party individual(s).
- Stand-Alone Own Damage Cover: This is a separate cover you can add to your third-party polo insurance to cover damages or injuries caused to you and your vehicle.
- Comprehensive Car Insurance: A comprehensive polo car insurance plan combines both a third party’s and stand-alone own damage cover’s features to be offered under a single plan. A comprehensive polo insurance plan is slightly more expensive but also provides more coverage.
The amount of coverage can also be increased by purchasing add-ons, a unique feature of comprehensive car insurance plans. They can increase coverage for specific damages for a higher premium.
For example, a common add-on many comprehensive policyholders opt for is bumper-to-bumper car insurance, also called a zero or nil depreciation cover.
How to Purchase Online Car Insurance for a Volkswagen Polo?
You can purchase a polo car insurance plan from any insurance provider, either online or offline.
However, it’s recommended that you do this process online for your convenience and because insurance providers allow customers to compare car insurance policies on their websites. This can help you have a more thorough vetting process when choosing insurance plans.
The procedure to purchase car insurance will be more or less the same across the board for most insurance websites.
- First, you must visit the official website of your chosen insurance company.
- Click on the car insurance option on the website.
- Enter your car registration number, other relevant details like car model, registration year, RTO, etc., and your contact details, when filling in the application form.
- Choose your preferred plan, and pay the polo car insurance price online. The specific polo car insurance price will depend on your chosen insurance plan and other factors like your chosen IDV, car registration details, policy location, etc.
- Once the payment has been processed, the insurance company will issue you an online polo car insurance policy.
Volkswagen Polo Specifications
Here are the specifications for the Volkswagen Polo so you can choose the best polo insurance plan and covers that will suit your Volkswagen Polo.
|999 cc – 1498 cc
|Fuel Tank Capacity
|₹5.83 Lakh – ₹10.25 Lakh*
The Volkswagen Polo is great for intercity travel due to its compact design and fuel efficiency. It’s also got a spacious interior with lots of boot space, making it ideal for families and solo drivers.
Paired with a good polo car insurance policy from reputed providers like Tata AIG, it makes for an excellent purchase if you want an enhanced driving experience and more convenient intercity travel.
*Disclaimer: Prices mentioned in this article are ex-showroom prices and are subject to change pertaining to the city of purchase and registration.